Please use the steps outlined below to update your instrument.If lost, call Insight at 905-871-0733
What you will need:
You will need to remove the SD card from your G-Series (don't just grab a blank one) and a computer (PC or Mac) with an SD card reader and access to the internet. The directions below are for a Windows computer; you can use a Mac or Linux device and the process will be similar.
- Find your instrument further down this page. Click on the download link to download the latest update file for your instrument. The file is named G123UPDT.xxx or G4UPDATE.xxx where 'xxx' is the version number. If prompted, select "Save-as".
(NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer or Edge,
right-click the link to the file and select "Save
Do not run the file.
- Save the file somewhere convenient where you'll be able to easily find it, for example, on your desktop, or in a folder in your Documents.
- Browse to the folder where you saved the update file. Right-click the file and select "Copy". Important: Do not open, execute, alter, or rename the file in any way.
- Insert your instrument's SD card into the card reader on your computer.
- If you have a G1, G2, or G3 series instrument, the folder will be named G3UPDATE.
- If you have a G4 series instrument, the folder is named G4UPDATE
- If you have a G9 series instrument, the folder is named G9UPDATE.
- Right click and select "Paste" to place a copy of the update file in this folder.
- Important: Do not simply pull the SD Card out of your computer. Instead, click on the button in the system tray (bottom right of the screen) to "safely remove Hardware" and select the SD Card from the list of devices. The exact message may be different, depending on which operating system you are using. When the "OK" message is displayed, remove the SD card from the PC.
- With the power off, insert the SD card in your G-series instrument.
- Power up the G-Series and it will automatically perform the update. During the process, the G-series will show a screen with a yellow background indicating what version you are at and what version you are updating to. The process will only take a few seconds, after which it will restart automatically and resume normal operation with no futher action required.
- Having trouble? Click here.
G1, 2, 3 Software: Download.327
- Greatly increased reliability.
- Implemented autorecovery of calibration and configuration data.
- Improved stability.
- Several cosmetic improvements.
- Relocated critical functions in codespace to improve responsiveness.
G4 Single - G4 Twin Software: Download.221
- The initial setup of the instrument has been streamlined.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Other behind-the-scenes performance improvements.
- Improved use of code space to make room for future enhancements.
- Implemented autorecovery calibration and configuration data.